"Six simple rituals:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”"
"Don’t let Sofia’s littleness and quietness confuse you. Sofia is made of steel. She’s tough, but she doesn’t pretend to be a man. She has a way of getting her way. She’s very polite about it. She nods her head and says, ‘You’re right, you’re right, but this is what I want to do.’ And it works. When you see her movies, you forget that she is Francis’s daughter. She has been able to reinvent what her last name represents."
Prints and cards by Darla Okada, on Tumblr
red panda red panda red panda squirrel!